Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Hobbies

My number one hobby is simple....reading. I have to have a book to read at all times. Without books, I get anxiety. It's my way of de-stressing and taking my mind out of reality for an hour or so. And it makes my dreams so much better! Last night I was studying for a math test and dreamed about math! Talk about a nightmare! It was awful! My favorite book of all time is Pride and Prejudice, but beyond that I will read just about anything.

My husband and I and some of our friends are also really into Renaissance and Pirate Faires. There are a ton that happen from pretty much May through October. We were in a guild and worked the faires at one point, but it got too political so now we are purely guests. My friend and I love to sew and we work hard to make all of our costumes according to 17th/18th century dress. I have to say after wearing a 8-10 boned corsets for hours at a time I think my ribcage is permanently smaller!

Another thing I've been getting into lately is making jewelery. It all started when I made the jewelry for my bridesmaids in my wedding, and now I like to do it all the time. My friend also is crafty like me and instead of watching the superbowl we made earrings! The boys thought we were nuts. :)

Lately I've been wanting to try something new, so I went to the store and bought a few things to try my hand at embroidering. We shall see how it goes, it seems complicated. I'll keep you posted. :)

That's all for now...until next time

No comments:

Post a Comment