Wednesday, March 16, 2011

childhood imaginations....

For my English class we had to write an essay about our childhood dreams. I actually spent the entire week thinking about all the dreams I had. My parents like to remind me when I wanted to be a "Teenage Mutant Ninja Ballerina". It was a pretty awesome dream I'll admit. I even went as far as telling my neighbor that I was in ballet classes (which I wasn't). They were a Jewish family and when Hanukkah came around for them, they bought be a white and purple leotard with a tutu attached to it. She told my mom it was for my ballet classes (which I wasn't taking). So then came the awkward moment of my mom telling my generous neighbors that I wasn't taking any ballet classes. I still got to keep the tutu and wore it all the time! I was five, give me a break! :)





In 4th grade I took some gymnastics classes. They were so much fun! I think I only took lessons for a year or less, but I was convinced that I wanted to go to the olympics for gymnastics. Shortly, I realized that dream was a little out of my reach so then I decided I wanted to be a writer and began to write a story about a little girl going to the olympics. Unfortunately I don't remember what I did with that story.

My latest dream, that which I wrote about, was to be a female Indiana Jones! I wanted to dig for stuff! This carried my love of Ancient Egypt to a new level. Now I'm studying cultural Anthropology in the hopes of one day visiting Egypt and studying the ancients. Those of you who know me, know how much I LOVE anything Egypt. (Ancient Egypt in particular). I think I could make my own library of all the books I have. There is just something spectacular about the Egyptians. They had such a rich history and even though the culture and language have died out, the fact that we still have evidence of their daily lives is simply awe inspiring. They are a people to admire that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment