Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My addiction

Hello my name is Jamie and I am addicted to Dungeons and Dragons Online (DDO). I am totally aware that I have now inducted myself into the geek club, but I plunge in head first!

For those of you that don't know, DDO is another mmo similar to World of Warcraft. You get to make a character, or ten if you wish, and craft them into whatever you want them to be. You choose a race, like elf, human, warforged, etc, and then choose what class, whether they are a ranger, fighter or wizard. There are many different classes and races that you can choose from. Then if you choose you can decide what path you want them to take and after that point the character is up to you on how you want to play them.

Once you establish your character you can play by yourself or join one of the many guilds. My husband and I have been playing since September 2009 when the game went 'free to play'. He played a lot of pen and paper Dungeons and Dragons when he was younger, especially when he was in the army. I didn't start playing until DDO came out free. I know it sounds ridiculous to some of you but we joined a guild and have met some truly awesome people that I now consider friends. The game is live chat, so even though we can't see each other, we can talk freely with many people at the same time.

I know to some it sounds completely nerdy, but hey I freely admit I am a nerd to the core and completely happy about it!

Seriously though guys.....its fun! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment